Wednesday 19 March 2014

Evaluation Question 3 - DRAFT

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

I have decided that Bauer Media would be the most beneficial source of distribution for my magazine for a number of reasons. The company has many characteristics which I feel would benefit the breadth to which my magazine would reach worldwide.

This company are one of Europe's largest media organisations which distribute a range of sources, to many countries across the continent, with contracts with companies such as HFM, Kiss FM and The Box. Due to the large range of media they do distribute to, I believe that this company have good levels of experience, and will enable my product to be read by their regular audience custom who fit with in my target market especially. The company focuses on magazine and radio predominantly and is known for being "widely recognised and rewarded as being industry innovators". I believe that this would be beneficial for my product because it means that a wider audience of people will be able to have access to my magazine, at no excess cost. In my opinion I feel due to them having a "wide portfolio of influential brands" giving them "advantages over pure play magazine or radio competitors" they will give my magazine a good potential success rate before it is even distributed. Bauer also have a huge connection with in social media sites such as 'Vimeo' 'Tumblr' 'Twitter' 'Facebook' and 'YouTube' which will publicize it worldwide as well as throughout Europe, which after a period of time would be an aim.

I believe that Bauer Media would be able to ensure my magazine is read by my target audience, because they have connections with Q and MOJO magazine which I believe to be extremely successful with their monthly prints, especially in the UK. This institution also works with the magazine 'closer' so they are aware of how to appeal to a female audience.

With Bauer Media presenting subscription offers across the internet for many magazines, It could then expand further in coming years to reaching sites such as Itunes which can then allow Apple users to download the magazine. I believe that this is essential for success, and Bauer Media have a strategic method, of ensuring it. I would work to ensure that my magazine was bought monthly for the price of £3.50.



1 comment: