Wednesday 29 January 2014

Further Research and Development








































I have found further magazine covers in which have taken an impact on my ideas, as I now feel I will have to create two draft covers to enable me to see which decision works the best. I have chosen to take ideas from both the Beat and DIY covers, as I feel these are really effective and would work with my band as they are a duo.

I feel these two covers are effective for different reasons, my favourite of the two is the Beat, however I feel it is too simplistic for the image I'm trying to create, and therefore I would adapt it to an extent to which it wouldn't look the same, it would only have similar fine details. I feel however this design works well with a black and white photo which is what I would like to do for my cover.

The issue I could possible attain from creating the DIY cover is that the white back drop I take my photos on isn't white, so rather than  deleting the background like I have done for my Prelim and practice drafts, I will have to play around on Photoshop to see if I can change the colour of the background to something which fits with my colour palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment