Tuesday 21 January 2014

My Models Image

I have two models, to create an acoustic guitar based band, that fits the singer songwriter genre. My two models are both female - Kudzai Mushambi and Beth Delahaye. The outfits I have decided which suit them both best do not have any relation to eachother because I feel this wouldn't look good, however the colour on Beth's Shirt matches a turquoise/green on Kudzai's shirt.


I first arranged hairstyles for Kudzai
, what I feel would be possible to do, and which one I prefer. I chose overall that her high pony tail gave off a better image and suited the style of clothing better. She looked better with her hair up, however I though the bun was too large and took the focal point away from her face.

The reason as to why I chose for her to have her hair in three styles was to ensure I knew exactly what looked right, and what wouldn't for the style I'm doing. For a singer songwriter band there is no real correlation in hairstyle, however, I feel there is a limit on how big it should be before it defeats the object of the style I wish to go for.

I felt that with her hair down, it caused a flatness effect to her head, and made it look as if it was hanging, rather than there being any character to it. This is why I decided that it wasn't particularly the best idea, and why resorting to hair up would in fact make it look better.

I then tackled another issue, with the hat situation. There is a correlation in research with regards to singer songwriters, female in particular, wearing hats. The only hats that suit Kudzai are generally Beanies, because of the shape of her head and her jaw line. I also decided that, this is more suited to a hip hop and street/dance genre, rather than singer songwriter, so it wouldn't be ideal for what I was looking for.

The second thing which I felt was a concern, was what and how I will style both of models. With Beth not being able to make it, I only had Kudzai trying on clothes. However we came to the conclusion that we would match the clothes with what we think Beth will look good in. The reason as to why this could turn out to be a negative is if for some reason the clothing doesn't suit Beth, or whether she tries it on and I change my mind as to what looks good and what doesn't. The first outfit Kudzai tried on was the American Football styled top, with black jeans and white baseball shoes.
I also then decided that a white bandana would compliment the letters on the t-shirt, and also adds a nice unique accessory which I thought worked really well.

The next outfit, I decided for Kudzai to wear high waisted blue jeans, with a white lace floral crop top, because floral seemed to have a theme through current female singer songwriters fashion. I didn't like this as much because I didn't feel it would look as good with the outfit I picked out for Beth to wear, which is why I decided to move on and continue looking for another outfit.

The final outfit I chose for Kudzai to try on was a black blazer with a red floral top underneath, and black jeans. It looked nice when she first wore it, however I felt it was far too formal for my genre, and didn't quite give off the impression I would hope for my models to do, therefore it was quite an instant decision that I didn't like this. It also didn't go with what we primarily picked out for Beth to wear.

I chose a dungaree dress, black converse and a turquoise and white striped lumberjack styles shirt for Beth to wear. As well as this I have also got a black bowler/trilby hat for Beth to try on. Initially, a hat would compliment Beth's hair as it is large, and afro like. I feel this would complete the whole singer songwriter look, because there is a large correlation between female singer songwriters and hats such as these. The pastille colours she will be hopefully wearing look really good together, however make it hard for me to match clothes to it successfully.

The next thing I decided which was a matter of interest was shoes. I couldn't decide whether Kudzai should wear white baseball shoes, or black canvas vans. The white shoes are marked, and may be difficult to clea, and therefore I have decided perhaps they aren't the best solution, however they do look better with the outfit she will be wearing. Beth will be wearing black converse, because it is a colour which will sort all, and I think personally gives her outfit a bit more variety, because Kudzai's is very basic.


The final thing, regards to image is the guitar. Due to my band being solely orientated around song writing, acoustic sets and busking, because they are a up and coming band, an acoustic guitar is vital in the photoshoot, to ensure this image it created properly. This will allow audiences to understand what they are all about, and able to guess the genre from the pictures alone, and don't need an article to tell them what its all about.


No comments:

Post a Comment