Thursday 16 January 2014

Language Register

New FrankieFrankie (Australia)In order to create the particular genre of magazine I want to, there will be a small amount of colloquial style language used to create a connection with the audience, however I wish to keep a formal tone to it. My reasoning for this particularly, is that the female targeted audience would be more sophisticated, and would much rather read something with a bit more class, which has a 'grown up' style, rather than receiving the immature impression from a very informal, basic and jokey magazine, which you would usually find more in male based magazines.

Frankie Takes a BowAlthough males do listen to singer songwriter music the vast majority is female, which is why I'm keeping with the more feminine theme throughout. The reason as to why I will include a small element of colloquial style language is so that perhaps my magazine could take other peoples interest, who I haven't necessarily targeted as my prime audience. This will happen through the friendly tone in which would be created as the colloquial language register develops. With the idea of maybe containing an interview of my artist on the double paged spread I will need there to be colloquial content in order for this to entertain my audience, however for the contents and particularly the cover I will resort to more of a formal language style.

I will use positive and feminine semantic fields in order to create a stylish feel and create a connection with the audience. The jargon I will use will be connected to musical terms, those associated with the particular genre in my issue, as well as fashion terms, which enable my article to be realistic, and believable when read by my audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment