Thursday 16 January 2014

UK Tribes Audience Research



From researching into mainstream tribes, I found the main groups which come up are chavers, fan girls, sports junkies and blingers. Mainstream is another way of indicating the majority of the teenage society, which includes chart music, prime television, local nights out, the most recognised fashion etc.





A questionnaire to ask my target peers:

1. What is your all time favourite song

2. Do you relate to lyrics in a song?

3. Do you obsess over a music artist?

4. Do you like multiple artists?

5. What fashion category do you fit into?

6. Where do you shop for clothes?

7. Where do you purchase your music from?

8. How important is music in your every day lifestyle?

9. What music artist inspires you the most?

10. Do you listen to the radio? If so which station(s)?




The reason as to why I have prepared a questionnaire for my peers, is to research into the background in more depth of what their particular interests are regarding their music taste. This will enable me to connect my magazine to the answers I retrieve, so that it connects with them more, and entertains them to the standard they would expect. This along with my 25 word pitch will allow me to not only sell my magazine as a baseline of ideas, but ensure I develop it to a standard which will make my target audience want to spend money on it, not once, but so they return for more issues, or perhaps subscribe.



No comments:

Post a Comment