Thursday 16 January 2014

Magazine Name

Choosing a name for my magazine is a very difficult job because in order for it to be good, it has to have a meaning, but successfully connection to the type of magazine I produce, and the content with in. By naming my magazine 'sound' I feel I can do this, because it has multiple meaning and connotations.

There a many dictionary definitions of the word 'sound' which I feel all thoroughly connect with the topic of a music magazine. These are:

The sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of hearing by vibrations transmitted through the air or other medium.
The particular auditory effect produced by a given cause: the sound of music. 

Any auditory effect; any audible vibrational disturbance: all kinds of sounds.

noise, vocal utterance, musical tone, or the like: the sounds from the next room.
I feel that sound is suited to a music magazine, for the simple reason that sound is associated with music regularly, and if I was to explain that I created a magazine with this name, people would automatically assume its topic and have a guideline of the content within.

No comments:

Post a Comment